Thursday, August 19, 2010

More beachness.

I'm still sorting through pictures from our beach trip.  I didn't realize how many images I took - yeesh - was I trigger happy or what?  Anyway, it's been fun to reflect on the week.  I realize now that this was the first year that I actually found myself thinking, 'Wow.  This is really great!" while I was on vacation.  Not that trips in the past have been unenjoyable...but let's be honest here.  Vacationing with small children?  Seriously?  What kind of torture is that??  What were we thinking?  Juggling naptimes, managing long car/plane rides, diaper changes, food related issues, sleeping arrangements...in retrospect, it all seems like such work.  But this year was so different.  My kids are now 4 and 7 and can do so much more on their own.  They enjoy playing with their cousins and can do so {for the most part} with little refereeing needed, they'll eat normal stuff, go to bed without a fight...the list goes on and on.  I'm not generally the type of mom who gushes about parenting, but I have to say:  This is just a glorious, glorious time in the journey for me.  Now, ask me how I like things when I have two teenaged boys and I might push you into heavy traffic.  For now?  Heaven.          

Here are more beach pictures.  
   

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully done Susan. Just one teeny, weeny complaint...I can't make them big enough!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers