Sunday, June 27, 2010

Baggage.


Today I opened my purse in the hopes of finding something...I don't even remember what the something was because I lost track of all thought when I realized that the condition of the inside of my bag could easily land me a Clean House intervention. What would Niecy Nash say about my foolishness??? This bag is out of control. I've got receipts from months ago in here, smashed & half eaten bags of munchies, old grocery lists, happy meal toys, new and used kleenex, lollipops from the bank, lollipops from the hair salon, lollipops from the post office, crumpled coupons long expired, fliers for events that have come and gone, writing utensils and gum for 40 people, enough spare change to buy a new pair of jeans, a flashlight, an empty Ibuprofen container (which reminds me I need to add that to my grocery list...now where'd I put that?), an old chapstick...ugh, the list of random items goes on and on. Adding to the problem is my habit of throwing a heavy camera on top of all this clutter, which then acts as a trash compactor making more room for this madness.

My mission today is to face this monster. Whatever it takes, I will get to the bottom of this beast of a bag and I will get it together. I will empty, I will pitch and then I will question each item I put back into my purse. ("Do I really need 27 pens in here?"). When I have tackled this mountain of madness, I will pat myself on the back and say, 'Good girl! You finally have your life in order!' (Okay, maybe not my entire life, but I gotta start somewhere, right?)

Wish me luck. I'm going in.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to photoshop the bejesus out of the inside of your bag but I couldn't think of one appropriate thing that would be funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing already...give it a try, will you!?

    ReplyDelete

Followers