Friday, April 23, 2010

Good distractions.

Sometimes the best way to get through a rough patch is to simply get distracted. Luckily for me, the last two days have been packed full of little gifts to give my mind a break from thinking about Papa.
The kids and I discovered this nest of robin eggs on our porch yesterday. Watching Momma bird come and go has been such a little blessing. The kids keep asking to see the eggs and we've checked on them three or four times already. We have names picked out for all six babies (most are 'Bobby' or a variation of this). And I'm happy to report that Momma bird has been very tolerant of our intrusiveness...so far, at least.
Speaking of wonderful distractions, I saw these grape hyacinths while at my mom's house today. I love, love, love them. So do the bees apparently. One stayed still just long enough for me to get the following shot.

Family and friends have made for good distractions as well. Tonight we spent a little time with our neighbor Todd, who happened to be outside with a bucket of fresh fish that he and his buddy caught today. He had a table set up outside and let the boys watch as he cleaned a bunch. We love him because he's always up for silly. He had us all laughing in no time.

Finally, we burned some energy at the new house with our favorite cousin neighbors. When Elyse came running through the yard in bare feet, a striped dress, and her hair in little piggy buns, I was so glad I had my camera with me.

Thank goodness for distractions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers