Monday, April 26, 2010

Roots.


I don't know about you, but when I experience a crisis of some kind (a loss, tragedy, major change) all I want to do is go home. I want to be in a place where things make sense, where there is order and where most things are predictable and under some control. One place that makes me feel this way is the family greenhouse. I grew up across the street from it and I can't so much as drive by it now without being bombarded with decades of random greenhouse memories.


I don't know if it's the rows and rows of order that make me feel peaceful...




Or if it's simply all the blooming goodness...
and the memories that go with it...

Maybe it's the smell of potting soil...
and the way it feels to plant something...


Or maybe it's realizing that I am someone else's roots
that helps to put things in focus.
Whatever it is, sometimes it feels good to just go home.
Thank God for roots!

1 comment:

Followers