Thursday, October 15, 2009

The beginning of Dreamin' Slippers



So, here it is. The beginning of Dreamin' Slippers.
Today is one of those October days you hate to head outside. It's raining and cold...the kind of cold you can't seem to get away from, no matter how many layers you're wearing. It's the perfect day for slippers, which I dug out of the bottom of my closet earlier today before sitting down at the computer to check in with friends on facebook. My deep thought for the morning was 'Great day for slippers.' In that thread, a few friends added their thoughts - let's put our feet on pillows!; Great day to stay home! and so on. I took it a step further, saying that I was wearing my dreamin' slippers today - I'd love for someone to bring me coffee and soup, clean my house, throw some laundry in the wash, and then tell me I've never looked healthier, prettier, younger, etc. A friend commented that she could use a pair of those slippers...and it dawned on me...couldn't we all? Couldn't we all stand to dream a little today? Ask what if and why not? And so I begin this blog, wearing my dreamin' slippers.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers