Monday, October 19, 2009

Don't squander it!

I haven't been able to get this message out of my head since yesterday.

Dave and I made it to the morning service to hear our pastor ask the question, 'What Is In Your Hand?' He encouraged us to think about the gifts and tools that each of us have. Whether we are aware or not, we each have been given something special to use, to do, and to offer. At the end of life, God will ask each of us the question, "What did you do with what I gave you?" When we tell Him, His response will either be, "You squandered it," or "Well done, my good and faithful servant, well done."


Today I painted pumpkins for each of the kids in Sam's class. The preschoolers plan to celebrate Harvest Day this coming Thursday. I'm not ready to launch a pumpkin painting career or anything, but I do think I used a creative tool today. And I think the kids will each be excited to see their own little pumpkin. If all goes right, someday I'll get a 'well done' too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers