Thursday, October 15, 2009

On the hunt for kitchen inspiration.


Okay, so my kids are both sleeping which means no more legos, Candy Land, or refereeing for at least, oh, 7 hours? If I could give up my horrible habit of sleeping at night, I'd be able to research kitchen ideas for the house we're building until the sun comes up. Unfortunately, I have only a small chunk of time to hunt for inspiration tonight. I need my sleep or I will eat my young tomorrow. What I crave for my new kitchen is really what I crave in life: simplicity. I want clean, white cabinets contrasted by dark, warm floors. I want chunky white trim and vintage looking hardware and light fixtures. As for an accent color, I'm leaning towards green. Not just any green though. It has to be fresh green...the way grass looks in the spring when you haven't seen anything growing outside in months. It has to be a happy and hopeful green. This is my kitchen dream for tonight.

1 comment:

Followers