Thursday, October 15, 2009

Inspired by a conversation with my 3-year-old


My 3-year-old son Sam asked that I make "mac and trees" for lunch today. He eats nothing but macaroni and cheese for lunch these days. How about a sandwich? I asked. Nope, he replied. He will have none of that. Just the standard boxed macaroni. Again. And again. And again. With part disgust/part adoration, I scooped him up, tickled him until he screamed and wiggled out of my arms, and told him that he will soon turn into macaroni. Sweet Sam, the macaroni kid. We both giggled at the thought of that. While he ate, I sat across from him with a pen and some scrap paper and started to doodle my sweet Sam, the macaroni kid. The kid who sprouted mac and cheese from his head one rainy, Thursday afternoon. I have a good feeling he'll be back again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers