Saturday, February 20, 2010

New winter obsession.

Icicles are my new winter obsession. Remember, they're everywhere here now. I'm not alone in my ice fascination either. It's all over the news too. Granted, most of the coverage is about how to best deal with the frozen mess on rooftops and in gutters. People are worried about water damage, leakage, that kind of thing. I'm just obsessed with the shapes and sizes of these winter gems. Am I off my frozen rocker? Quite possibly. This is a picture of my neighbor's back porch from late last night. Before I went to bed, I glanced out the window and saw this impressive ice-zilla. I loved how the light was hitting it.
Temps are supposed to warm up today and the sun is actually going to shine (Western Pa shocker) so these icicles will start disappearing little by little. I'll be okay. I'm ready for a new obsession...like spring clothing and grass.

1 comment:

Followers