Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday coffee with Papa


This morning, Papa and I enjoyed some coffee and doughnuts together. He is home from the hospital, but remains pretty weak. Despite this, we had a nice time together. Mom came a little later, so the three of us got to catch up before I headed home.

Papa looking through some old photographs and reminiscing.



Papa enjoying a mid-morning snack (Wendy's frosty-yum!)

A picture of Papa and Bukky (the name we called my grandma, which she never cared for) taken at Jekyll Island, GA, where they spent many winters.

Mom, wearing an old ring of Bukky's, looks through an album she made for her parents.

I love this picture of my grandma (on left) sipping tea with her two sisters.

Papa's favorite red chair, which he inherited from his brother-in-law Johnny.

Bookshelves in Papa's living room.
The wooden cars that my Uncle Dean designed and made in high school.
Papa was and is still so proud of him.

Each day, Papa takes his own blood pressure and checks his weight. He's always been so good at keeping records and taking care of health issues.
Papa's oxygen, on standby.

A book that sits on an end table.
-
Papa, thanks for the coffee talk today. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers