Thursday, March 4, 2010

fun + filled day.


We had a fun & full day today. After preschool, Sam and I headed north to New Wilmington for a lunch date. We immediately bumped into one of my favorite creative souls on Earth, my buddy Jill and her daughter Ellie Blue (check out Jill's blog in the list to the right - J. Postema Originals). I just happened to have my camera with me, so I snapped a few shots of these two beauties before we parted.


Then onto lunch...


One of Sam's favorite places to eat: Pizza Joes!



Sam gets points for his attempt at the crust-first approach.


Okay, enough of that.


Done!

And then we were off to visit Papa Sherman
who moved across the street to a personal
care home earlier this week.


Papa's holding up ok, but I think the change
is a bit overwhelming at times.


He says, "I'm laughing on the outside but I'm crying on the inside."
Hoping he's able to settle in soon.


After our visit, we headed up the street to Papa's old place
to continue packing up items that were left behind.


On the way we stopped on the steps of New Wilmington
Presbyterian Church where Betsy, Mom and Papa attend.
I just love those red doors.



The Sherman sign near Papa's door.


Old Glory always hangs proudly outside his place.


Papa clothes.

Box of photos on closet shelf.

A tired Sam models Papa's Jekyll Island cap.

We still have more things to pack up & move,
so I'm sure I'll be taking more
pictures along the way.
Stay tuned for more exciting adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh, of course, HERE is the other pic of Jill! These are all really great. Sorry I missed you yesterday. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete

Followers