Thursday, March 11, 2010

Toast to great friends!

When it comes to friends, I consider myself a jackpot winner. I have somehow managed to land a life which is full of fabulous people, one of whom is my longtime friend Tiffany, a.k.a. Tiff.

Tiff and I have known each other for almost 18 years, since our college days at Pitt. During the time we've been friends, so much life has happened. Boyfriends. Graduations. Apartments. Diets. First jobs. Bad hair styles. Quarter-life crises. Vacations. Weddings. Moves. Grad school. Grown-up jobs. Home construction. Babies. More babies. Through it all we have managed to remain the sort of friends who pick up where we left off, not afraid of dormant periods because we know conversation always springs to life when we're together again. Tonight was no exception.

Tiff was in Pittsburgh for a few days on work (yahoo!) which allowed us to get together for dinner. (Tiff, if you ever leave the firm which sends you to my side of the state, mark my words: I will hunt you down and cut your hair into that Carol Brady disaster you had after college. You will be forced to live with the shame of the mama mullet once again.) Now, where was I? Oh yes, tonight we managed to grab dinner at Siba before she heads back to her life in Philadelphia tomorrow.

The following are a few snapshots of our wonderful time together, which raced by much like the 18 years we've known each other.

Candle shot - love the colors in this.


Drink shot. Love the flavors in this.


Tiff's fabulous ruffle blouse and ultra-chic necklace.
I so miss our discussions about fashion!


Lovely ring from husband Steve - a gem of a guy...
...who briefly joined us via texts during dinner...

...and still manages to put a smile on his wife's face
after all these years.



Seriously sweet couple.



Problems of the world were solved.
Well, maybe not so much.
But a problem with dinner was handled smoothly.
And dessert was quite delicious.

Tiff's fabulous cannoli, which I managed to eat most of
(much like I did with her sugar cereal back in the days
we shared an apartment)



My sorbet, made with chunks of mandarin orange.
Not quite as wicked good as the cannoli, but still very yummy.
Check time.
Night's over.
Boo.

My dear friend Tiff, you will never know how much your friendship means to me. And it's not because I want to steal your necklace or any of your other fine jewelry or accessories. But let's say I did....does that mean you'll come back soon to get your stuff??

2 comments:

  1. Tuesdays with Kori, Thursdays with Tiff....hmmmm, someone's feeling neglected {and jealous}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post and tribute to friendships that stand the test of time. I happen to have one of those myself. Friends since Jr. High, we can go years without actually seeing each other and pick up conversation where it left off. They are special, so glad you have one in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Followers